Thursday, November 1, 2012

Take a hike!

Today I thought it would be a great day for us to take a very short little hike up to the camp sign, and take the kid's picture.  I had the great idea that we would use a really cute picture on our "change of address" cards.  (You know, those cards I am supposed to send out to let everyone know our new address and other info?!  Here's hoping they actually get mailed before the Christmas cards!)   So, we walked out our front door and headed up the HILL (that's what people who have lived on the mountain for a while call it, I call it a mountain).  I think that we were about 5 steps in when Ben started complaining about the walk!  Now, let me remind you of the absolutely PERFECT weather that we have here.  There is no humidity and I think it was probably about 65 degrees.  PERFECT I tell you! So, at the point of complaining, I was not very sympathetic.  We really were not walking very far, but he needed to let us know how horrible it was.  Grace on the other hand, was running circles around us and running up the HILL.  She is loving the freedom she can have on the mountain, and I love that for her!  Anyway, we did end up getting some good pictures and Micah ended up saving the day by bringing the golf cart to take us home.  (Nevermind that the downhill hike is the part that I enjoy!)  Enjoy our "hiking" pictures.  Now, I need to go and start a workout plan for myself and Ben so that one day we can take a REAL hike!

We have lots of big rocks to climb!

Hanging out by the horses!

This is Maximus.

We think this is Big Red.  We are still learning names!



He just was not so sure about our hike!

Here is Grace running ahead of everyone else! 

The sign!  We made it!


Daddy saves the day!  We do love that golf cart!

I love this girl!

We never get tired of looking out over the valley.  It seems that each day we notice something different!

3 comments:

  1. Janna, I'm still in shock that you guys are there! I'm so happy for you and your family. Please tell the kiddos hello from Ms. Jeanie. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jana,
    I love your blog. If you ever need anything (not that you will) I have tons of resources for ELA/SS K-5. So excited for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't know how to do this!
      It's Nancy Bradley aka jennasmommy!

      Delete