Thursday, November 15, 2012

Dinner time around our table

I love to sit at the table as a family!  It's a really big deal for me.  I think it stems from the fact that we always ate dinner at the table as a family when I was growing up.  I really cannot remember ever eating out, unless we were on vacation or it was a really special something.  We spent time at the table.  Our table growing up was pretty quiet.  My dad and I would usually get in trouble for being silly, but my mom and sister were always quiet!

Dinner at our house these days, is LOUD!  We are loving our times to get to sit around our table and enjoy family time.  Ben prays, Micah and Grace get silly, and I am trying to settle everyone down.  (We leave our windows open a lot here in California, and I am really worried about our new camp family wondering what on earth we are doing!)  It's loud and it's fun!  I need to relax a bit more, because these are memories!  As my Aunt Joyce would say, we are making a memory.  (I actually think that was from a Gloria Gaither book or something, but she loves to say it!)  I want my kids to have fun memories around the table, because I treasure my memories!

So, here's to loud, silly, memory-makin' dinner time around the table at The Beard House!  Come join us any time!

1 comment: