Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Adjustments

I took the kids to town today.  It took exactly one hour for us to reach our first destination.  We left our house at 9:00 a.m. and returned home this evening at 5:00 p.m.  Yep, it's true!  I actually do not mind the drive down, but we are all going to have to adjust to needing to make LOTS of stops when we "go down the mountain."  It's a good thing that the iPAD was charged!  Ben does NOT like to shop.  We even went to the three story Target just to make it fun.   Oh well, we will adjust in time.

We are adjusting, and I often (like at least once every minute) forget that we have only been here for 2 1/2 weeks.  Adjusting takes time, and I am not being patient.  I am an instant gratification kind of girl!  I need to relax a bit more and realize that it is all going to take some time to learn our new world.  I kind of feel like if I don't adjust super fast, then that must mean that I don't like it here.  That's not the case at all, but for some reason that is what I am feeling.

I want it all to be perfect so that Grace does not have to be sad about missing her sweet friends.  I can't fix that.  I just need to love and support her while she adjusts.  (Yep, just thinking out loud here.)

I told Micah, as we walked down to dinner tonight while looking at the AMAZING sunset, that I think I am really confused with my feelings.  I love it here, I mean, really LOVE it!  It's beautiful, the people are loving and kind, and our house is great.  I get to stay home and do school everyday with the kids.  These are all really great things, so it makes me really mad that I get sad sometimes!  Adjusting!  Not always so much fun!

Here is what I know:

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.  He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, HE RESTORES MY SOUL.     Psalm 23:1-3




2 comments:

  1. ((( Hugs ))) - Hang in there! Change is hard, very hard and we girlies ALWAYS have crazy confused emotions!! And Hello!!!! .... you just moved clear across the country....you have EVERY reason to be a bit emotional. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. I love the blog...I love the pictures...I love the emotions - they're honest and they're real!! Now, I'm ready for the details...how in the world did you end up in California??

    Love Ya,
    Brandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man. i know these conflicting feelings so well- loving and hating, adventure and boredom, full and empty, extreme happy and sad... change is so exciting and fun... yet it's usually SO hard. like i said last time i commented on your "emotional" post, give it time. LET Him "restore your soul". (pretty sure those mountains are one of His ways of doing just that!) i love you, friend.

    ReplyDelete