Monday, November 5, 2012

In the details...

I am not really a details person.  I tend to be more of a big picture, big idea person who hopes there is a details person around to help my "big idea" come to fruition.

My "real" first year of teaching at Oak Ridge Elementary, I was blessed with Kathy Wolf who was my details person.  I flourished because she would help me with making things happen.  I had lots of ideas, but needed someone to tell me if I should use construction paper or glue stick or not even attempt the project.  (She did need to tone me down sometimes.)  Thanks Kathy!

I was then blessed again, when working at SHSU, with Drenda Lowery who was the details person again.  I spouted things off, and she made the list and kept us running smoothly.  Loved that!  Thanks Drenda!

So, we began school today and it went really well!  Guess who my details person is?  Grace!  She was amazing and quite the thinker.  It was really pretty fun to get to see her in that way and experience her in a different light.  I am so glad that I am getting this experience.

My friends, God is in the details business!  He knows every single detail of every single moment, and holds it all in his hands.  He loves his children more than we could ever imagine.  My life has not always gone as I have planned, but getting to experience the details that God has ordained for my life has been so amazing.

I was visiting with a great friend tonight, and we were discussing how amazing it is that my journey through my various teaching jobs has prepared me for exactly this moment!  Teaching Grace and Ben.

God is awesome and amazing!

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your path straight  Proverbs 3:5-6


1 comment: