Sunday, November 25, 2012

Busy round this place!

I tried to post about our little DIY project last week, but couldn't find my camera card reader.  So, here are the pictures from my little "mud room" if you will.

The finished product!

Started by painting some boards that Micah found for me.


Drilled 5 holes in each board.

Put door knobs on each board.



Micah had to help with this part.  Had to screw the boards into the brick wall.

Here it is before coats.  The buckets hold our shoes.

I thought that this would be a good verse to see each time before we leave the house.

I wanted to do this because this is by our basement door that goes outside.  There is tile here, which is perfect for wet/dirty shoes and jackets.  Pretty excited to even have a simple place to call a "mud room."



We also got busy yesterday, getting our Christmas decorations up.  We will only be here a short while during December, since we are HEADING HOME for Christmas!  Yay!

This is a tradition that we started about 5 years ago.  Each sock will contain a verse and a note that tells us something to do as a family that day.  My kids look forward to this every year, and are so excited to open the sock each day.  Nothing fancy about this, but the excitement it brings is GREAT!  (I have to thank Pamela Blair for giving me this idea years ago.  We love it!)

The tree.

The tree in the dark.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care!

Wreath to remind us of the true meaning of Christmas!

There is a picture from every single year with Santa, and the kids picture from their first Christmas.  I love looking at these each year to see how much they have grown.  (Yes, we have two fireplaces.  One upstairs and one in the basement.)


I somehow forgot to post the picture of the "Shake Shack" earthquake simulator from the Science Center  yesterday.  So, I will leave you with that tonight.

You could view the kids while they were in it.
If you can zoom in, you can read what we experienced in the "Shake Shack."


Hope you have been busy round your place too!



No comments:

Post a Comment