Friday, November 9, 2012

Preparing for the snow!

I heard a few mentions at the beginning of this week, that we may get snow on the mountain soon.  I did not think much of it.  Then, yesterday Micah came home and told me it was 100% chance of snow Friday and Saturday, and that it could be up to 7-8 inches.  Okay, this is when I began to visualize my children's wardrobes.  I am not sure, but I am thinking that Crocs are probably not the best for snow!  I mean, I know that they make cold weather Crocs, but the kind that we have are full of holes.  Anyway, we made another trip to town today.

Weatherproof (and cute) boots...check!
(Micah has boots, but he has them on because he is working.)

Warm, cozy coats...check!
(Micah also has a coat.  Guess where it is?!)

Making sure the fireplace works...check!  (We didn't buy this in town! LOL!)

Okay, we have hats, mittens, scarves, thermals, boots, coats!  We are ready!  Here's hoping we actually wake up to snow, or I am going to have some very sad children.  (Micah and I would be a bit disappointed too!)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry Jana, this is something you will learn about most mountain people... we get excited for even the possibility of snow! Hey, now you are prepared for two occasions: the next time everyone gets excited, you know where your 'snow discernment is' and when it really does snow, you have your gear!
    Its been great to have "ya'll" on the mountain! We are excited to see what the Lord has in mind!

    ReplyDelete