Thursday, November 8, 2012

Can't see the forest for the trees!

We made trees today!

  


Grace and Ben putting their trees together!




Our first sign of growth.  Can you see it?





Grace is writing about what she is observing!  (Ben was supposed to be writing, but I am pretty sure he was having a meltdown at this point.  "No more writing, Mom!  I don't like writing!")





Three hours later!  Wow!





Four hours later!




Grace's Tree (She was more excited than she looks.)

Ben's Tree!  He liked his tree!

I have learned in just a few days that I must add FUN to our school work.  I need that element more than the kids!  





On a completely different note, we have been told many times that October and November are the worst months for forest fires due to the high winds on the mountain.  Here is what I saw from town yesterday.

Needless to say,  I called Micah immediately and asked if everything was okay.  (This was on the backside of our mountain.)  He said they were fine.  It was a "controlled burn" by the fire department.  I'm not sure I understand "controlled burn" during the most at-risk time of the year, but hey!  This is something I will need to learn about.







1 comment: