Monday, December 17, 2012

Safe!


The tragedy in Connecticut has been on my mind a lot today and last night.  I have not watched much television coverage of this tragedy, not to ignore it, but more because I don't need to hear every one's "take" on things.  I know that what happened was horrible, awful, there really is not a word that can be used to describe it.  I did actually attempt to watch a bit of the news on Friday, but was unable to hang in there for very long.  It is just unfathomable really!

I was a Kindergarten teacher once.  It was my favorite experience in the world of education yet!  My best teaching memories are from that classroom at Oak Ridge Elementary with those precious children that I was blessed by each day.  I still get very excited when I hear information about their successes and where they are today.  Teaching is just like that!  You pour your heart and soul into those who you come into contact with.  The children (your kids), other teachers, other students, parents...this is why I won't understand this tragedy.  It won't make sense.  It doesn't have to.

I pray for each of those families a lot through the days right now.  I pray that each of them know and have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ so that he can comfort them in a way that we can never truly understand.  I pray that God places people around these families to minister to them in special ways.  I pray God's promise for them.

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

I was driving last night while everyone else was sleeping, and the song "Safe" by Phil Wickham came on.  All I could think about were those families of the victims of Friday's tragedy.  Listen to the words, and then say a prayer for each and every person who was affected.  Parents, teachers, friends, policemen and women, first responders, cousins, aunts, uncles...ALL of them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment