Monday, December 3, 2012

December

Do you get overwhelmed during December?  I do.  I was thinking about this today, because I am not currently working outside the home, but I am already having anxiety about the holidays.  Will I get the right gift?  Will everyone be happy?  Will we create memories that are full of joy?  Ridiculous really!  I totally know the true meaning of Christmas, and many of the things we do for the very reason of focusing our hearts and minds on Christ, yet the anxiety and pressure still creeps in.  Are you there?  Let's pray each day that we will focus our minds on Christ, and Christ alone!  He is our strength!

I place unrealistic expectations on myself, my husband, my children, and to be completely honest on others as well.  I don't even know I am doing this until I begin freaking out about something that is RIDICULOUS!  It's then I realize that I have done this to myself.  It's a crazy cycle.  I then remember that I don't have to worry or be anxious and I remember this verse:


Phillipians 4:6  Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

Amen!



No comments:

Post a Comment