Thursday, December 6, 2012

Makin' Stuff

I posted a few days ago about our little advent calendar that we have used for several years.  (The one made of socks.)  My kids LOVE this.  Every year at about this point, I think to myself, "you really should just put candy in a sock each day, that would be so much easier!"  Here is what has been in our socks:

Day 1:  pom-pom ornaments (already posted pics of this one)

Day 2:  chocolate covered pretzel sticks

That's our friend, Nathanael, helping out!

Lots of sprinkle choices!  (You must use mini M&M's if you want them to stick, just FYI!)

Finished product!

Day 3:  Watch Rudolph and eat Reindeer Sandwiches
Yummy PB&J Reindeer!


Day 4:  Make felt gingerbread men
The one on the left is Ben's and right is Grace's.

Grace made hers completely and totally by herself!  Thanks Gran, for teaching her how to stitch!


Day 5:  Make paper snowflakes
Not a great picture, but here they are.  You can get templates for these at www.kinderart.com.  Don't you love making paper snowflakes?!

Day 6:  Watch Polar Express and have hot chocolate and cookies
We cut chocolate chip cookies into shapes.  I made AWESOME hot chocolate with whipped cream and sprinkles but did not get a picture before the kids got hold of the mugs.  


These are fun times, but let's keep it real...we actually did days 4, 5 and 6 today.  We got a little behind!    It is still really fun though.  I was talking to some friends in Texas tonight and told both of them that I am with my children more than I ever have been.  Sometimes, it gets hard because we are all learning how to be together, but most of the time I am just in awe of the fact that I get to experience this at all!  I see things every day, that make me say "thank you, God for this blessing!"  I am SO glad that I am getting to climb the "stay-at-home mom" mountain!  The view from every step is amazing!

Oh, and for those of you wondering, YES we are having school too!  We just spend a few extra hours in our classroom each day now, completing our fun activities.  :-)  



No comments:

Post a Comment