Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Little Drummer Boy (and other random things)

Do any of you have the TobyMac Christmas in Diversecity CD?  If not, you should totally get it!!!!!  We love this Christmas CD and love to jam to it in the car!  My favorite on the album is the Little Drummer Boy.  For those of you who know me well, you can totally understand why this might be my favorite.  For the rest of you, let me tell you a little secret about me...

I played percussion in the band from 6th grade on into my freshman year of college.  I LOVED it!!!!!  I even made All-State band my senior year.  Surprised?!  Now, I was not a drum set kind of gal, but rather a marimba-loving, tympani-playing, snare-banging kind of girl.  Oh, and I may have played a little slapstick and triangle along the way too!  (Mr. and Mrs. Monroe if you are reading this, we still have the video of me in front of the region band playing the slapstick!)  Love me some marching band!!!!!  I love anything with a good beat, and let me just say, this rendition of the song is awesome for those of us who love a drum corps!  I have to tell you, when the little drummer boy comes in on this song, it takes me back to drum camp at SFA!  Yep, good ole' Nacogdoches!  (One time, I went to band camp...what movie? Okay, moving on!)  Anyway, we listened to this CD in the car for the first time this season, and Benjamin (my very own little drummer boy) and I  "broke it down!!!!"  Here is the song, enjoy!!!!!!!!



On a completely different and totally random note, the kids and I went to Lakeshore Learning today.  I really can do damage in that place.  Here are a few things we bought for some free time activities.

This is a super fun magnetic mosaic picture maker.  It's kind of like color by number but you do it with magnetic tiles.  Grace and Ben play with this every time we go into the store.  (Here's hoping we can keep up with the pieces.)

Who doesn't like some floam?  I can just hardly resist this stuff!

Okay, and these are SUPER cool.  Plastic, wavy sticks to build with.  Kind of like Lincoln logs but cooler!  

Go to www.lakeshorelearning.com if you want to check out all of their fun stuff!  (Probably 99% of people reading this, are already FULLY aware of Lakeshore, but I think I am supposed to give them a proper "shout out" when I post their product on my page.  Here's hoping someone from the company sees this and wants to give me free stuff!  Ha! Ha!)

No comments:

Post a Comment