Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Blog worthy!

Since I began this blog, you can frequently hear the words "blog worthy" come out of our mouths when certain things happen.  It seems as though we are always on the lookout for things that would be worthy of writing about here, for your pure entertainment!

Well friends, today at the Beard house, we had a BLOG WORTHY moment!  You see, Santa brought the kids an XBOX 360 with Kinect.  We are loving this thing!  We have been dancing like crazy to Just Dance Disney and Ben loves the adventures game.  Today I opened another game that had those games that you would play at Chuck E Cheese or Main Event.  You know, skeet ball, darts, puck bowling...  I was just trying them all, and came upon the "Hoop it Up" game.  Now, let's pause for a moment...I can't play hoops worth a flip!  However, I am married to a man who is QUITE GOOD at hoops, and anytime that he sees that little basketball game he always plays.  He always wins a big prize too because he is really good at this game.

Anyway, Micah was sitting on the couch and I started to play.  I was HOT!  I mean I was sinkin' all of my shots!  He was impressed to say the least.  I played a couple of times just to make sure that it wasn't a fluke that I was doing so well.  Then, I told Micah that he needed to try because he would get some crazy high score.  Here is where the moment became "blog worthy" friends!  Micah got up to play and could not hit a shot!  I mean I scored 53 and he scored 3.  WHAT?!  I made him try again because I didn't think the sensor was working right.  It happened again.  Then I got back up just to make sure things had not changed and guess what?!!!!!  I was awesome again!  I have never laughed so hard.  Micah was laughing too because for the first time ever, I can say that I beat him at something regarding a ball.  Hilarious!!!!!  This Kinect is my new best friend!

I am so thankful for "blog worthy" moments on our climb up this mountain!


1 comment: