Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Ocean

Micah and I have always loved the water, and I am so fortunate that both of our kids love the water too!  When we lived in Texas, we spent lots of time at the pool, and always tried to visit the beach in Galveston as much as we could.  That was the only beach we knew, and the kids loved it!

Now, we get to continue to spend lots of time in the pool (that's a benefit to camp living), but now our beaches are SO much different!  I mean, my kids are swimming in the Pacific Ocean for goodness sakes!  The water is not Caribbean blue, but it is blue and clean.  The sand is so much different, and there is not tons of seaweed everywhere.  I think my favorite thing about the beaches in California is...wait for it...NO HUMIDITY!  It's crazy!  Normally, when I leave the beach, my hair looks like I have been through "who knows what," due to the sand, salt water and humidity.  When we went to the beach recently, I got in the car and realized my hair actually looked presentable.  Love it!

So thankful that we get to enjoy sunny summertime in Southern California!

Our home away from home for the summer!  Camp pool.

My sweet beach beauty!


Sunset at Carlsbad State Beach

Another view from Carlsbad State Beach.  Can you see the coastline all the way down?  Gorgeous!

Headed down for some fun.

Oceanside Pier

Oceanside Beach



No comments:

Post a Comment