Tuesday, June 25, 2013

How's the adjustment going?

Recently, we have been asked several times how we are doing with the adjustment to California and our new home.  You know, "How are you doing, REALLY?!"

It's a good question.  I mean, we left everything we loved and moved 1/2 way across the country!  We live at the top of a mountain, at least 45 minutes from the grocery store.  Asking about how we are doing is a good question!  Funny thing though, our answer has been the same since the first day we arrived...we are doing REALLY WELL!  I tell people that this is a really BIG DEAL, seeing that I am a really emotional (cry a lot) kind of person.  (Just ask my family!)

All I can say is:

I have a peace that passes understanding, down in my heart
Down in my heart
Down in my heart

I have a peace that passes understanding, down in my heart
Down in my heart to stay!!!!!

(Sorry, sometimes I like to think of my life as a musical so I just bust into song every once in a while!  Don't you?!)

Really, though, all joking aside, we are doing really well!  We still absolutely love Palomar Christian Conference Center and our family here.  We love our mountain (and the weather).  We love that everything imaginable is available only 1 hour away in lovely SoCal.  We are beginning to feel a part of a church family, and that is super exciting!

All of this is only possible because God gives us a peace that DOES surpass all understanding when we follow him.  I can tell you that making the decision to leave our families and friends in Texas was REALLY hard for me, yet when Micah and I prayed in the hotel room in San Diego after his interview, we both felt an overwhelming peace!  I am so thankful for that!

So, our adjustment continues to be good.  I am not saying that everything has been absolutely perfect friends, but the adjustment has been just fine.

I am heading back to Texas with the kids next week, and I can't wait to see our families!  I know we will see some friends, and I know that I will miss lots of friends too.  (Not seeing people makes me really sad, but it is reality when you move.)  As excited as I am to come back to Texas for a few weeks, I know that I will be just as excited to get home, which is a testament that our adjustment is going well!

No comments:

Post a Comment