Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Our 14th Anniversary!

Today is our 14th Wedding Anniversary!  Wow!  I really don't feel old enough to have been married for that long, but since we have a 10 year old and an 8 year old, I guess it must be true!  I can remember our wedding day like it was yesterday.  I remember all of the amazing people that were there for the rehearsal, and my complete emotional breakdown that night.  I remember how extremely happy I was, and how "in love" with Micah I was.  I remember the beautiful flowers and all of the excitement getting ready that morning.  I remember seeing Micah as I held on to my Daddy's arm, and thinking "this is for real!"

Then, as the actual service began, I remember feeling the presence of the Holy Spirit as we made our commitment to one another and to God in front of all of our many friends and family.  I can remember James and Mrs. Yerkes singing "I Stand in Awe" as the service was ending, and thinking how very blessed Micah and I were to be a part of such amazing families that raised us to know about commitment to Christ, first and foremost, which allowed us to know about commitment to one another. How blessed we were to have Christian friends who have been there from the beginning to support us along the way,  Thank you Lord, for such blessings!

I love Micah Beard more today, June 12, 2013, more than I could have ever imagined on June 12, 1999!  So thankful for our journey together, and the road ahead!  Micah Beard, you are my Superman, and I love you with all my heart!  Happy 14th Anniversary!


No comments:

Post a Comment