Monday, February 25, 2013

No sleep=No productivity

I am a sleeper.  Let me be clear...I LOVE SLEEP!  I am that person that hits the pillow and is out in 1 minute.  I really never have trouble sleeping, so when I wake up in the night and cannot go back to sleep, it really messes me up!

I think that I fell asleep last night around 10:30 p.m.  Benjamin came and crawled into bed with us at 11:30 p.m. and during his moment of "crawling all over mom," I woke up.  (It sometimes does not bother me at all when he crawls all over me.  I am a heavy sleeper.)  Well, after that, I could not go back to sleep.  I tried everything, and just could not fall back to sleep until around 3:30 this morning.  Ugh!

So, Ben woke up in the night, I woke up in the night, and Grace said she woke up around 3:00 a.m. and couldn't fall back to sleep until around 4:00 a.m.  WEIRD!  Since living in Southern California, I always wonder when this happens to all of us, if there was an earthquake or something that woke us up.  Am I crazy?  (Don't actually answer that!)

Here is the strangest part of all...Micah is not a great sleeper, but he slept like a baby last night!  What?!

Anyway, no sleep for mom = lack of productivity all day long!  Got to hate that!  (We did have school, and the kids had more fun than usual because I was pretty relaxed, or out of it, the whole time.)

***Disclaimer:  I feel as though I should throw out this disclaimer for all of my mom friends who still have babies.  You guys never get a good night's sleep.  I remember.  Here is the interesting thing...once your children finally get to the point where they sleep through the night every night, you just cannot function when you have a sleepless night.  It's crazy!  You are sleepless for years on end, then your children begin to sleep and your body forgets how to wake up in the night and still function in the morning.  So, here's to all of you moms who are out there having sleepless nights every night!  You rock!

Here's hoping that I actually fix my hair and put on some make-up tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment