Friday, February 22, 2013

Scripture for the Week

The kids and I are learning a scripture each week during our school time.  I am really loving this part of our day, and have been really surprised at how well the kids remember the scriptures from previous weeks.  

This week, our scripture was one that I really needed to memorize!  

For God did not give us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of POWER, LOVE and SELF-DISCIPLINE.
2 Timothy 1:7 (emphasis added by me)

I love this verse, and really need to hide it in my heart!  God does not want us to be fearful and I love that he gives us a spirit of power, love and self-discipline.  The self-discipline part is what I really needed to focus on, since I tend to lack that in many areas of life!  

Are you hiding God's word in your heart?  I hope so, but if not you can join us on our journey.  I would love to share the scriptures we are learning.

Happy Weekend Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment