Thursday, March 28, 2013

Outdoor Education and Writing

My kids got the wonderful experience of going to our Outdoor Education program this week.  Grace LOVED it for many reasons:  1.  she got to learn lots of cool stuff  2.  she got to hang out with other kids all week  3.  she got to hang out with our awesome staff all week.  Ben was able to hang in there amazingly well, despite the long days.  It was such a blessing for them to get some time with other kids!  Thanks to our wonderful Outdoor Ed staff (Skywalker, Silverado, Diesel, Aqua, and Waldo), you guys ROCK!

Ben did the zipline for the first time ever this week!  (Don't you love that he has on Crocs?  The perfect shoe to fall off of his feet while on the zipline.  Way to go, Mom!)

Grace also did the zipline for the first time.  She loved it!


On a completely different note, I am searching for some really great writing ideas for school.  I know that some of you reading this can point me in the right direction.  Here is the thing, writing with just one   child is very different from writing with a class.  All of those cutesy things we do in classrooms, really are practical right now for Grace and I.  I want writing to be fun, but also want to accomplish things in a timely manner and not waste unnecessary time on unnecessary things.  Someone throw some ideas at me, please!  (Oh, and let me clarify that I am wanting 4th grade ideas.)  Thanks friends!

Happy Thursday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment