Sunday, February 16, 2014

Craving spiritual milk!

Our church is going through 1 Peter right now, and let me just say...WOW!!!!!!  Every week I am challenged in a new way, and I am loving that.  A couple of weeks ago,  we read 1 Peter 2:2-3 and here is what it says:

2 Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.

Do you know what it feels like to CRAVE?  I do!!!!!  Micah and I have been working on our diets and trying to really change the way we eat over the past few weeks.  Right about the time that we were studying this passage, I was CRAVING some cookies, cake, chocolate...!  So I was really understanding the word CRAVE!  I think this is why it hit me so hard.  Do I crave Jesus the way I do chocolate?  I mean, do I HAVE to have HIM right now, everyday?!  Because the bible says, "crave that milk, because that spiritual milk is what is going to make me grow big and strong in Christ!"  (Okay, that is my paraphrasing, but you know what I mean!)  I want to be strong, how about you?!

I think, (no, I know) that I often just push my time with Jesus to the side and accomplish all those OTHER things I need to get done.  Then when I feel weak and tired, I wonder why.  I need spiritual milk daily in order to grow, and once I get a taste of that good milk, I only want more!  That's so awesome.  I can remember when we began giving our kids whole milk for the first time, and then we had that one more bottle of formula left and we tried to give it to them.  They WOULD NOT have anything to do with that yucky stuff because they had tasted what was good!  I pray that I will be like that.  I have tasted that the Lord is GOOD and I want more!  I pray that for you too!

So, here's to having a week of cravings, that can only be satisfied with Jesus!  

Here is a link to the sermon if you are interested:
Spiritual Maturity



No comments:

Post a Comment